Age isn’t making your boobs bigger girl, you have booze boobs, I was devastated to find this out. I had always been slender then I found alcohol. Something from my drinking days was weight gain, in fact through my life you can see in pics, you can tell during heavy drinking days by my weight. I had periods in my life where where you can tell by pics drinking wasn’t prevalent (pregnancy, post pregnancy, I was a single mom/ going to school/ working) funny when I was busy, felt like I had a purpose and passion I wasn’t drinking. I also had small boobs.
I could start to tell when I was drinking heavily and regularly I would gain weight because my bras wouldn’t fit and would become tight (especially when you are trying to stuff a C cup into an A cup) I had even started googling “do your boobs get bigger as you get older” trying to blame aging at the ripe old age of 38 years old on my boobs.
I remember in my late 30’s after I’d met my now husband one day he looked over and said “holy crap those got huge” (he’s not a boob guy) and a gf noticed she’d said to me one day don’t take this the wrong way “but your boobs look great” and I looked down and I had boobs, not just any old boobs, large boobs, I had gained just under 40lbs in under a year. None of my bras fit anymore. Let’s be honest nothing fit anymore, my underwear was digging in, my dress slacks & suits for work had succumbed to leggings with boots and blazers
Alcohol is metabolized through your liver, at a certain point it can’t metabolize anymore and your calories are stored as fat. Now add in the calories from drunk food and boom you have a perfect storm for weight gain. Pretty simple actually. Guess what boobs are made out of Fat. It’s also why you hear the term beer belly (in both men and women)
When I got sober I started listening to a podcast, it’s no longer on the air, but her intro talked about booze boobs. I’m like omg that’s me, I have booze boobs. I didn’t know this was a real thing. It is, and trust me girl if you think it’s age and you drink a bottle of wine a couple of nights a week or more trust me it’s not age, it’s booze boobs. Happy to say as I decided to pull off the 3000 extra calories a week from wine and drunk food (guess what no more booze boobs)
Hosting Sober Birthday Dinner here’s the reality:
Well let’s just say this, If you didn’t read my blog How to host a dinner party sober yesterday, I’ll give you a recap. It was my husbands birthday, and he chose instead of us going out for a nice dinner a Football watching dinner with his buddy. With Appies, great steaks and seafood, and of course booze, so I wrote a post that included a list of How to host a party sober with 8 great tips here .
Now the tips were great and I followed all of my own advice and yes stayed sober, but here’s the reality.
- Dinner was to be at 7pm, the game started around 5pm. So his friend got here around 430 and the booze started flowing by 6pm they were flying high. I came downstairs I had been kicked out for trying to talk this is where my husbands nasty remarks set in (you see the difference between my drinking and his I loved being happy so I just wanted to be happier, I was a fun loud obnoxious drunk, he’s a very unhappy one where his hatred for the world comes out) ,
- 630ish which was half time and I suggested he put on the steaks and I would start on the seafood, but nooooo they weren’t hungry. Of course not, they were drinking you see how do I know this because this used to be me (insert cringe) I remember this selfishness display “just one more drink” I would tell my son ugh.
- 7pm rolls around and we have a shit ton of food, so I decided not to serve appies (thinking a late night snack might be better and my husband and I had a snack around 4pm) we had a serious amounts of seafood that are rich and big steaks and I didn’t want it to go to waste. My husband gets angry they are watching the game and fine, my son leaves he decides he’s not sticking around for this shit show and goes for dinner with his friends.
- I’m miserably hangry by 745 ish, and the guys then say they want to watch the rest of the game, which they figure should be over by 815 ish, well I decide to put my steak and my sons away, as it had been resting on the counter as I don’t like eating a huge steak at 830 at night, tell my husband this I’ll just have seafood. I go back upstairs.
- I come down around 9pm and my husband is seriously angry and decided not to tell me they cooked their steaks and ate the seafood. In his drunken stupor he didn’t hear me say I will just eat some seafood, so I ended up with a bowl of leftover soup from Friday night, a husband that just got nasty and me trying to be nice. So the reality check should have been for this party just order in chinese or pizza or thai at 6pm.
I slept in the spare bed away from the noise and about 1030 the stench of cigars fills the house again, cringe, I know when I would drink too much and it was cold out at times I would start smoking in the house and the shame I have today for putting my son through this, he was little when I would do this, and the house would reek of cigarettes. He hated the smell. The anguish that last night brought me, was not for my husband the ruined birthday or his behaviour. The anguish today is my own selfish awful ways when I was drinking and my son was younger. The heartbreak I am feeling and the apology I owe my son when he gets home today, this weighs heavily on me and my behaviour makes me physically nauseous.
If you are a mom or dad out there, it’s never too late start today, quit drinking even if you just try. If I could have a do over with my child’s childhood, I would have been a much more present parent. I have a FREE DRY JANUARY group if you are at all looking to try.
There are two things that came out of this, a) hosting a party when you are sober it may not go the way as you planned, b) completely unrelated things could come up.